Our HomeSwapper service allows a customer to exchange their homes with any of the following:
- Another customer who lives in one of our properties
- A customer of another housing association
- A customer who lives in a local authority property.
If you are an A2Dominion tenant on an Assured or Secured tenancy, you may be eligible to move home through HomeSwapper.
Please note that if you are on a starter tenancy, you will not be eligible for a mutual exchange.
You must make sure the property you want to move to is suitable for your needs, and that your current home meets the need of the tenant you intend to exchange homes with.
- How do I exchange my home?
You can register online at www.homeswapper.co.uk and state where you live now and where you want to move to. Once you’ve registered with HomeSwapper, they will contact us to check you are eligible for a mutual exchange. Please allow up to two working days for us to approve your application.
HomeSwapper will then search their databases for any suitable swaps. When they find a home, they will contact you and you can decide if you want to arrange a visit.
Once you find a home you like, and the person living in that home is keen to exchange with you, you need to complete a Mutual Exchange application form and send it to us. We will then check your rent is up-to-date and carry out other checks to make sure you qualify.
- Is there any reason I may not be able to exchange?
You may not be eligible to exchange if:
- either side owes rent
- the new property is too large or too small for your needs
- the new property is provided for a particular purpose, for example, a sheltered home or adapted home for a disabled person
- proceedings have begun to repossess your home
- you have a starter tenancy
In these circumstances, permission to exchange may be conditional. If we refuse to grant permission, we will give you our reasons in writing.
- Where does HomeSwapper have homes?
HomeSwapper has homes all over the UK.
- How much does it cost?
It is free of charge. As your landlord we pay a membership on behalf of our tenants.
- Do I need permission?
Yes. When you register for HomeSwapper, they will contact us to check you are eligible for a mutual exchange. Please allow up to two working days for us to approve your application.
- Is HomeSwapper the only national exchange service I can use?
No, you may also be able to use Locata, another national exchange service.
Not all Local Authorities have signed up to Locata, so please check if Locata is available in your area by visiting their website.
- What do I do once I find a home I want to move to?
Once you find a home you like, and the person living in that home is keen to exchange with you, you need to complete a Mutual Exchange application form and send it to us.
For more information, please contact us.