Jump to content

You are here:

Will I be affected by Universal Credit?

Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK, and brings together a wide range of benefits into a single payment. The amount you get is based on your household’s level of income and other family circumstances. Use this online calculator to work out whether you'll be affected by the benefit changes.

Check the Benefits Calculator

You'll be told by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) if you're going to be receiving Universal Credit.

If you have already been contacted by DWP and you know that you're going to be receiving Universal Credit, you should contact us urgently to let us know your claim or payment date so that we can give you advice and help you set up a Direct Debit. Please call us on 0800 432 0077 as soon as possible and ask to speak to your Tenancy Sustainment Officer.

The payments that will be stopped and replaced by Universal Credit are:

  • Income Support
  • Income Related Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Related Employment Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit

Benefits that won’t be affected by Universal Credit are:

  • Attendance Allowance
  • Bereavement Benefits
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Contributory Employment and Support Allowance
  • Contributory Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Maternity Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Statutory Maternity Pay
  • Statutory Sick Pay
  • War Pensions

Search for help

If you haven't found the help you need, contact us
Back to top

This page was printed from A2Dominion Web site at http://www.a2dominion.co.uk/