What should I do if I think there's a gas leak in my home?
If you think there may be a gas leak in your home, you should:
- turn off the gas supply at the meter
- check if a gas tap has been left on accidentally or if a pilot light has gone out
- call the National Gas Emergency Service Freephone: 0800 111 999. Engineers will attend to the leak free of charge.
Don't use anything that involves igniting a flame. This includes matches, candles, cigarettes and your gas cooker. Don't use electrical switches, including lights and doorbells.