Contact us
Jump to content

You are here:

What can I do if I'm having problems with my neighbour's pet?

If you can, try talking to the owner to see if you can sort the matter out between you. Try to stay calm and listen to what they say.

If you don't feel confident about approaching the owner, then contact us.

What can we do about nuisance pets?

We'll listen to both sides and try to come up with a solution. If this doesn't work, there are a number of steps we can take. For example, we can:

  • Arrange for an independent mediator to talk to you both, to help you sort out the issue yourselves
  • Take back our permission for them to keep the pet in their home
  • Involve agencies such as the RSPCA or the police
  • Put a limit on the number of animals they can keep at the property
  • Make being a responsible pet owner part of an Acceptable Behaviour Contract. This is signed by the person causing the problem, us and in some cases a third party like the police
  • Get an injunction (court order) to stop the owner from doing certain things, or for the animal to be removed from the property
  • Take possession of the property (evicting the pet owner) in extreme cases, if there are no other alternatives.

You can find out more about dealing with nuisance caused by pets on the government website.


My Estate

Information and documents about your estate

Search for help

If you haven't found the help you need, contact us
Our brands
A2Dominion Group A2Dominion FABRICA Pyramid Plus
Follow us