Contact us
Jump to content

You are here:

My water pipe has burst, what should I do?

The mains stopcock inside your home controls the water as it enters your property. It's important that you know where the mains stopcock is and how to turn the water off in an emergency. If you don't know where the mains stopcock is, please call us for guidance.

If you have a burst pipe, it's important to prevent water damage or flooding.

  1. Contact us as soon as possible
  2. Turn off the water at the mains stopcock
  3. Turn on all cold water taps to drain any remaining water from the system
  4. Don't turn on hot water taps when draining tanks as this may cause more damage to the system
  5. Wrap a cloth or something similar tightly around the leaking pipes, and put a bucket under the pipe if possible
  6. Turn off the boiler and immersion heater. However, gas fires can still be used
  7. Turn off electricity at the mains switch as water may have touched the electric system. Make sure a qualified electrician checks the whole system before turning the supply back on.

Water is supplied by your water company through an underground service pipe. There will usually be a stopcock located outside your building that allows the water company to switch the water off in an emergency.


My Estate

Information and documents about your estate

Search for help

If you haven't found the help you need, contact us
Our brands
A2Dominion Group A2Dominion FABRICA Pyramid Plus
Follow us