How to keep your estate safe during winter
Read our tips for keeping your estate safe during the colder, darker months of winter.
- Reduce the risk of slip or trip accidents by keeping walkways well lit. If you can't see hazards when you're walking along pathways in and around your estate, please call us on 0800 432 0077 so we can look at improving the lighting.
- Remove fallen, wet leaves regularly to reduce the risk of slipping, or contact us on 0800 432 0077 so we can instruct the relevant gardening contractor to do this for you
- Avoid taking shortcuts over grass or dirt where it is likely to become slippery when wet or icy
- Be careful when entering indoor communal areas where there is no mat or carpet fitted
- Take extra care when walking around in icy or snowy conditions, especially in car parks, entrance ways and sloped areas
- Gritting is the most common method used to de-ice floors. Gritting can be used on paths and driveways to lessen the risk of slipping on compacted snow. It is relatively cheap, quick to apply and easy to spread. Rock salt (plain and untreated) is the most commonly used 'grit', but you can also use cat litter, dishwashing powder or table salt. Bags of rock salt can be purchased from most large builders merchants.
Information and documents about your estate
Search for help
If you haven't found the help you need, contact us