How can I query my service charge?
If you would like to query your service charge, please complete the form in My Account. You can query any of the following:
- I'm not clear about what is included in this service charge
- I shouldn’t be charged for this service as I don’t receive it
- The work you have charged me for hasn’t been done, hasn’t been done well, or was done several times before it was fixed
- I'm not happy that the service has been provided for the whole year, or the quality of service is too low
- The costs are too high.
If you would like to see a copy of the invoices relating to your income and expenditure account, you can also request this through our online service charge query form within six months of you receiving your income and expenditure account. We can make the invoices available to you in two ways:
- If you would like to inspect the invoices for your service charge costs, you can do so free of charge by visiting us at our offices. Please include your preference for this on your query form. We'll then contact you to make an appointment for you at one of our offices
- If you would like to have copies of the invoices for your service charge, we can arrange this for you at a cost of £25. This charge is to cover our administration costs for giving you copies of the invoices. Please include your preference for this on your query form. We'll then contact you to take the £25 payment and arrange for the invoices to be sent to you.
If the information you require is held by someone else, for example a managing agent who provides services to your estate or block, we'll pass on your request to them. If they ask for payment of an administration charge, we'll ask you to pay that cost before proceeding. For more information on administration charges, please see our guide to administration charges - summary of tenants’ rights and obligations.
Query your service charge using My Account.