How can I avoid receiving complaints about noise?
Noise is one of the most common forms of antisocial behaviour. If you can hear your neighbours, they can probably hear you too, so please be considerate by following these tips:
- Avoid doing noisy housework, such as vacuuming, DIY or using the washing machine late at night
- Don’t play your TV, radio, music or musical instruments too loudly. A general rule is if you can hear it outside your home then it’s too loud
- Keep TVs, radios and speakers away from partition walls
- Try to wear soft shoes indoors whenever possible to minimise noise transferring to surrounding homes
- Avoid banging your doors shut.
Keywords - antisocial behaviour, asb, disturbance, loud music, noise, noise complaint, noise nuisance, nuisance
Search for help
If you haven't found the help you need, contact us