Your questions answered
- What kind of opportunities are available through the volunteer service?
We run a wide range of different volunteer schemes so we are sure you will find one that suits you.
- How much time do I need to give?
How much time you give up is up to you. We have lots of different schemes that require a few hours a week and full time volunteering options, so you can choose what works for you.
- How long will I have to commit for?
It can take a long time to establish a meaningful relationship with a customer so we ask all volunteers to commit themselves for a minimum of six months. If, however, your circumstances change, please let us know so that we can ensure customers are always provided with support from a volunteer.
- What skills do I need?
You do not need any qualifications or previous experience to be a volunteer as we will provide you with suitable training. We welcome applications from people with a wide range of backgrounds and experience.
- What are the benefits of becoming a volunteer?
Volunteers are able to expand their skills, gain valuable experience in the housing and social care sector and get involved in the local community. Becoming a volunteer can also increase your self-confidence, allow you to meet new friends and know that you are making a real difference to someone’s life.
- Will I get my expenses paid?
All volunteers who are actively taking part in projects will receive payment for out-of-pocket expenses such as travel and phone costs.
- What can I expect as a volunteer?
As a volunteer you will receive:
- Induction training and ongoing training
- Regular supervision and opportunities for feedback with the Volunteer Manager
- Contacts with other volunteers at socials and training days
- Can I claim benefits while volunteering?
Yes. For more information visit www.volunteering.org.uk.
- Can I volunteer if I'm under 18 years old?
Unfortunately, all volunteers must be over 18 years old or above.
- If I am interested, what do I do next?
Contact us and arrange for an appointment at our office.