Our volunteer service offers A2Dominion residents help in their own homes to enable them to cope with a range of practical and emotional difficulties they may have.
We have a large number of volunteers from all walks of life. They are people from the local community who offer their time, life skills and experience to help out.
Volunteers are fully trained to:
- Provide emotional support and practical help to new residents
- Support the elderly, disabled or people with mental health issues
- Provide a translation service for people who do not speak English
- Provide a painting and decorating service through our Brushstrokes project
- Offer gardening services to older residents
All volunteers are fully vetted (criminal record and reference checked) and must complete a training course before they begin work.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, or you need a volunteer to help you please contact us.
We are an approved service provider
A2Dominion Group’s volunteer service was awarded Approved Provider Status in 2009.
The Approved Provider Status is a national benchmark for organisations that provide one-to-one mentoring or befriending.
Gaining the accreditation means the volunteer service has successfully met the standard of quality required and highlights the hard work carried out by our volunteers. We can now develop and improve on the services already provided to residents.