Care & Support services
The Care & Support service provides personal and practical support to people to help them to live as independently as possible.
The kind of support provided includes:
- Personal care, including washing and dressing, helping with toileting, pressure care, catheter and colostomy care
- Help with medication in line with agreed local policy and procedure
- Preparation of meals
- General cleaning and laundry and domestic services
- Shopping, collection of pension and assisting with finances as appropriate.
The kind of support provided will be subject to a care and financial assessment, carried out by our support staff (or the social services care manager) in accordance with the relevant local authority criteria.
If the resident does not qualify for care services funded by the local authority, they can enter into a private arrangement with us. Your Scheme Manager can provide further details on request.
In addition to the personal care needs, a support plan is used to identify other needs you may have to enhance your quality of life and make sure your needs are met.
The support plan will cover some of the following areas:
- Living in the scheme
- Getting around the scheme
- Rents and finances
- Social needs
The purpose of the support plan will be explained and discussed with you at the sign up stage.