My alerts and favourites
Log in to view your favourite properties and property searches. Not registered? Register for these benefits:
- Keep a record of your favourite properties
- Receive email notification when new properties become available
Please register with Homematch, the new free service to help Londoners meet their perfect home for less. One application form gives access to homes from partnered housing providers. Homematch also provide expert advice on low cost ownership and less than market rent.
Who is eligible?
We want to help people who are in need of housing and whose income is sufficient to meet the costs of buying through New Build HomeBuy, also known as shared ownership.
People applying for New Build HomeBuy will normally be first time buyers who meet the the following criteria:
- You need to have a gross household income of up to £66,000 per annum when applying to buy 1 and 2 bedroom properties, or up to £80,000 per annum when applying to buy a family sized property (3+ bedrooms). Bonuses and other forms of income will be included as part of your overall income. Please note: a lower income threshold may be applicable on certain developments.
- All applicants should have at least £4,000 in savings to cover legal fees.
- Applicants should preferably live or work in the local authority where the homes are available.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, we have clear guidelines on how we prioritise applicants. These will be explained to you when you first enquire about the property.
If you are eligible, we will generally offer properties to people in the following order of priority:
- Public sector residents nominated by the local authority or HomeBuy Agent
- People on the waiting list of the local authority or HomeBuy Agent
- Key workers living or working in the local authority
- Any other first-time buyer not in the categories above
- Existing homeowners not in the categories above (including existing shared owners).
A small number of our properties are specifically aimed at key workers only. We will advise you if this is applicable to the scheme you are interested in.
Key workers include professions such as:
- Social workers
- Nurses and other essential health staff
- Police officers
- Probation Service officers
Please note the minimum incomes may vary for each scheme.
The information on this website concerning eligibility for New Build HomeBuy or shared ownership was current and correct when the website was last updated.
Eligibility criteria changes regularly and we make no representations or warranties with respect to the current accuracy of this information.