Our service standards
These are our service standards. They set out the quality you can expect from us and what we will do to continually improve the services we provide.
- acknowledge all online and email enquiries within one working day
- answer all general enquiries within five working days
- respond to complaints at the first stage within 20 working days
- complete conveyancing enquiries within 20 days
- fully reply to sales requests from solicitors within 20 working days
- answer service charge queries within 30 working days
- reply within the timescales above, but if we are unable to do this, we will tell you when you can expect a full response
- promote and continually develop ways you can access our services online
- provide you with a named contact for any issues you report to us
- provide you with a phone number to contact our Customer Services Centre, which is free if you are calling from a landline, and an alternative to use if you are calling from a mobile.
- give you a job reference number and offer you a range of appointment dates and times when you report a repair or adaption to your home
- remind you about your appointment 24 hours before it happens
- carry out urgent repairs within 24 hours. These are repairs that are deemed necessary to avoid the risk of injury to people, or damage to buildings and property
- carry out repairs to fix any items we provide
- service your gas boiler every year, if you live in a rented property
- remove offensive graffiti
- repair, replace or provide temporary lighting within shared areas within five working days of any lighting fault being reported to us
- repaint the outside of wooden doors and windows, and shared areas, every seven years. Where possible we will give you a choice of colours and finishes.
Rent & service charges
- send you a rent statement every three months and tell you about the different ways you can pay
- give you the ability to register your interest to pay us by Direct Debit online
- contact you to agree how you are going to pay us if you fall behind on your rent
- send you an annual schedule for your new rent and estimated service charges, including a summary of the costs for services relevant to you.
- send you a copy of your actual service charge by November of each year. We will compare your actual service charge against the estimated service charge and inform you of any adjustments that need to be applied to your account.
- carry out consultations whenever we plan to deliver work or services which you must pay for in your service charges. These are known as ‘Section 20 consultations’. We will review all comments we receive during the consultations and provide you with a written reply. In most cases we will also publish our formal response on our website.
Before you move into your new home, we will:
- make sure the property meets all health and safety requirements, and is fit for purpose
- provide you with a welcome pack.
- keep the shared areas of buildings and grounds where you live clean, tidy and safe.
Whenever you report antisocial behaviour (ASB), we will:
- contact you within one working day to get more information about your ASB issue
- complete a risk assessment with you
- agree an action plan, and work alongside other agencies to resolve the issue. We will update you on our progress each month.
Care & support services
- give you a welcome pack, including relevant information about our care and support services and the local area
- give you information and support to help you take part in the activities we organise, or those organised by other agencies we work with
- make sure we fully assess your needs
- agree a specific and realistic care and support plan that you understand, and review it at least every 12 months
- make sure we agree any changes to the care or support we provide you with everyone involved.
- contact you within two working days of receiving your formal complaint with our plan to investigate it
- give you a comprehensive answer to your complaint at the first stage.
Customer involvement & feedback
- seek regular feedback from you on our services via the website, newsletters and meetings
- make sure the feedback we collect from you is kept confidential
- tell you how we will use your feedback
- publish summaries of the feedback we receive on our website
- provide opportunities for you to get involved in the management of our services.
Access & diversity
- provide fair access to our services and treat you with respect
- make reasonable adjustments for our customers and stakeholders with disabilities to ensure our services are fair and accessible
- provide translation and interpretation services for essential information on request.