Our service standards
These are our service standards. They set out the quality you can expect from us and what we will do to continually improve the services we provide.
- acknowledge all online and email enquiries within one working day
- answer all general enquiries within five working days
- respond to complaints at the first stage within 20 days
- complete conveyancing enquiries within 20 days
- fully reply to sales requests from solicitors within 20 working days
- answer service charge queries within 30 days
- if we are unable to provide this within these timescales we will reply to tell you when you can expect a full response.
- develop ways you can access our services online
- provide you with a named contact for any issues you report to us
- provide a (landline) Freephone number to our Customer Services Centre.
- give you a job reference number and offer you a range of appointment dates and times when you report a repair or adaption to your home
- remind you about your appointment 24 hours before it happens
- carry out urgent repairs within 24 hours. These are repairs that need to be done to avoid serious danger to health and safety, or major damage to buildings and properties
- carry out repairs to fix items to their original condition
- service your gas boiler every year, if you live in a rented property
- remove offensive graffiti
- replace or repair lighting in shared areas within five working days of it being reported to us
- repaint the outside of wooden doors and windows, and shared areas, every seven years, giving you a choice of colours and finishes.
Rent & service charges
- send you a rent statement every three months and tell you about the different ways you can pay
- give you the ability to register your interest in paying us by Direct Debit online
- contact you to agree how you are going to pay us what you owe to get your rent account up-to-date, if you get behind with your rent
- send you an annual statement of your estimated rent and service charges, including a summary of the costs for services relevant to you. This is how much we think it will cost us to provide services where you live.
- check the actual service charge accounts and send you a copy by November each year. This is how much it actually cost us to provide services where you live, and sets out the adjustment to the estimates.
- review all comments received from homeowners during a Section 20 consultation, and publish our formal response on our website. These are meetings we must carry out by law every time we plan to deliver work or services which you must pay for in your service charges.
Before you move into your new home, we will:
- ensure the property meets all health and safety requirements, and is clean and fit for you to live in
- provide you with a welcome pack.
- keep the shared areas of buildings and grounds where you live clean, tidy and safe.
Whenever you report antisocial behaviour (ASB), we will:
- contact you within one working day to get more information about your ASB issue
- complete a risk assessment with you
- agree an action plan on how we can resolve it and update you on our progress each month.
Care & support services
- give you a welcome pack, including relevant information about our care and support services and the local area
- give you information and support to help you take part in the activities we organise, or those organised by other agencies we work with
- make sure we fully assess your needs
- agree a specific, understandable and realistic care and support plan for you, and review it at least every 12 months
- make sure we agree any changes to the care or support we provide you with everyone involved.
- contact you within two working days of receiving your formal complaint with our plan to investigate it
- give you a comprehensive answer to your complaint at the first stage.
Customer involvement & feedback
- seek regular feedback from you on our services in various ways, including the website, newsletters and meetings
- ensure the feedback we collect from you is kept confidential
- tell you how we will use your feedback
- publish summaries of the feedback we receive on our website
- promote opportunities for you to get involved in the management of our services, ensuring you are represented in the scrutiny and design of our services.
Access & diversity
- provide fair access to our services and treat you with respect
- ensure reasonable adjustments are made for customers and other stakeholders with disabilities to ensure our services are fair and accessible where possible
- provide translation and interpretation services for essential information on request.