Our service standards
We believe all our customers deserve the best service we can provide.
Our service standards are listed below. They set out the quality of service you can expect from us. We have also developed departmental service standards, which may vary slightly from the response times listed below. These relate to services such as complaints, repairs and planned maintenance, and estates services, among others. Please click here to download a copy of our departmental service standards.
Letters and emails
- We will reply to emails and letters within ten working days**. If we can't provide a full reply within ten working days we will acknowledge the letter or email, and tell you who is dealing with it and when you can expect a reply.
- Staff will put their name, job title, email address, and the Customer Services Centre phone number or other contact number on all letters. We will give residents direct numbers for staff if this is appropriate.
- We will answer calls within five rings (twenty seconds) during office hours.
- We will offer to call you back if you are on hold too long or if you are calling from a mobile.
- We will greet or acknowledge you when you arrive, or within five minutes if we are busy.
- If you don’t have an appointment we will see you within 15 minutes.
- If you have an appointment we will see you at the agreed time and let you know if we are delayed.
- We will offer you a private room whenever possible.
- We will let you know the outcomes of an office meeting on the spot if possible, or within five working days, and in the way that you have asked us to, for example by letter or phone.
- Our offices will be easily accessible for people with disabilities, and staff can give help if needed.
- We will clearly display opening times at all our offices.
- Whenever possible we will make an appointment to see you within five working days of you asking to be seen; or within three days if you have a disability or are at risk in some way.
- If you make an appointment that is three or more days away, and you would like us to confirm it, we will do this. You can have confirmation by letter, email, phone or text message.
- We will let you know the outcomes of a home meeting on the spot if possible, or within five working days, and in the way that you have asked us to, for example by letter or phone.
- We will contact you as soon as possible if we need to cancel an appointment, and we will apologise and offer another time there and then.
- We will keep your information confidential at all times.
- Staff will introduce themselves and carry identification and name badges at all times.
- All our published communications will be in plain English, and translation services will be available, as well as Braille and large print. All staff visiting residents have a translation card which will help customers to point out their preferred language so that we can arrange for a translator if needed. The card also tells staff how to arrange interpreters.
- We will make sure residents are told which staff member is responsible for which service.
- We will publicise our customer service standards to all our customers so they know what to expect.
** This response time varies for services such as complaints, repairs and planned maintenance, and estates services. For example, we aim to contact you within two working days of receiving a complaint and tell you how we plan to investigate it. For specific departmental service standards, click on the link to the right.