Resident Awards 2016: Celebrating inspirational people in the community
A2Dominion recognises the hard work of residents, local community groups and partners at its annual Residents Awards.
Five inspirational residents and one vibrant community group were celebrated for their achievements in the community, at residential property group A2Dominion’s annual Resident Awards ceremony last week.
The hugely successful awards honour inspirational residents, local volunteers and community groups that have gone the extra mile to support their local communities and improve services.
Local residents and partner organisations from across London, Oxford and the South East came together at the gala dinner, held on Friday 6 May at the Renaissance Hotel, Hounslow.
The award winners in full:
- Volunteer of the Year – Brian Whittaker, who is in his early 70’s has been volunteering for over 6 years at Advice Plus, a free advice service at the Beethoven Community Centre in Queen’s Park. The centre is run by A2Dominion.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Bernese D’Souza, a 27 year old former GB gymnast from Stanwell, who has set up a cheerleading business to promote team work and healthy lifestyles to young girls in the local area.
- Individual Contribution to the Community - Tracey Chapman and Melissa Whiting from Chichester, who run a weekly youth club at Swanfield Park Community Centre, run by A2Dominion, and helped raise £55,000 for a new Youth Hub.
- Outstanding Group Contribution – Green Man Lane Communities Group, based in Ealing, who have played an instrumental role in promoting community cohesion while A2Dominion delivers its landmark regeneration scheme for the area.
- Partner of the Year – GGT Solutions, a consultancy and careers guidance business based in Streatham, has helped to grow a successful enterprise programme and develop 30 budding entrepreneurs.
- Digital Champion of the Year – Mark Venner, who has been running a weekly Digital DIY class for the past two years at Stanwell Rose Community Centre to help improve local residents’ computer literacy.
Commenting, Heather David, Head of Community Investment at A2Dominion, said:
“These awards are the perfect opportunity to celebrate the hard work of the inspirational individuals and groups that have been making a real impact in their neighbourhoods.
“The passion and commitment they have put into improving their communities is truly remarkable. I look forward to seeing them continue to prosper and deliver even more benefits for their local community”
Press office contact
Press and External Communications Lead
Tel: 0208 825 1139 / 07342 072306
Notes to Editors
Find out more about A2Dominion's award wins at: www.a2dominion.co.uk/awards.
A2Dominion is a residential property group with 35,000 homes across London and the South East, and thousands more in the development pipeline.
The Group offers high-quality sustainable homes for sale and shared ownership, available through its FABRICA by A2Dominion brand.
It also provides affordable, private and social rented homes, student, key worker and temporary accommodation, as well as supported and sheltered housing.
The Group has a unique approach to housebuilding, generating profits for a social purpose instead of for shareholders, with millions of pounds reinvested each year into building much-needed affordable homes and supporting local communities.
A2Dominion is part of the G15, a group of the largest housing providers in London.
- Further information
- Natasha Downes