Outline planning permission granted for 900 homes at NW Bicester
Following a council meeting held last night, NW Bicester lead developer A2Dominion has received a Resolution to Grant outline planning permission for up to 900 homes and key infrastructure, as the wider masterplan continues to take shape.
The outline application for 126.7 acres (51 hectares) to the North of Howes Lane was submitted by A2Dominion last Autumn. In April 2014 construction of the first 91 homes began that form part of the initial phase, being marketed as Elmsbrook, which when complete will provide 393 true zero carbon homes.
The decision marks the progression of the NW Bicester Masterplan which in total will encompass up to 6,000 highly energy efficient new homes and forms part of Cherwell District Council’s Local Plan adopted in July this year.
The Masterplan includes provision for 40% green space incorporating a nature reserve, country park, burial ground, primary schools and a secondary school, business and commercial space as well as a range of community and recreational facilities.
Key infrastructure to enable strong connections to existing Bicester through, a strategic road, cycleways, footpaths and public transport links are also an integral part of the scheme.
Commenting on the decision, Gerry Walker, Regional Development Director at A2Dominion said: “This is an integral part of the overall development at NW Bicester, the country’s only true zero carbon development, and we are pleased with the decision.
"NW Bicester is creating the UK’s most sustainable development, providing a comprehensive mixed scheme where residents can make sustainable lifestyle choices. A2Dominion is now working on Reserved Matters applications for the wider site.”
The approved application includes:
- The provision of up to 900 new true zero carbon homes of which 30% will be affordable
- A public square/marketplace
- Commercial and business space with a mix of multi-occupied office units, local business units such as dentists, vets or hairdressers, workshop or light industrial units, including a mix of engineering, innovation and high-end technologies
- Leisure, social and community facilities
- A third primary and an eight form entry secondary school with playing fields
- The provision of strategic infrastructure including cycle and pedestrian access routes
For more information about NW Bicester visit www.nwbicester.co.uk
Notes to Editors
• NW Bicester is leading investment in the future by delivering the UK’s first eco-town. NW Bicester is a partnership between A2Dominion Group (one of the country’s leading providers of high quality housing for sale, shared ownership and rent) and Cherwell District Council (the local authority).
• A2Dominion is one of the country’s leading providers of high quality housing with over 34,000 homes across London and southern England and thousands more in development. Originally established over 60 years ago, it has received numerous awards and accreditations, including ‘Investor in People Gold’ and ‘Positive about Disabled People’ status.
For more information please contact:
Tel: 01962 893914
Tel: 01962 893853