Residents who illegally sub-let their home deprive families who are most in need of the chance of a suitable home. They do this by renting out their entire home to other people or not using their home as their main residence anymore. This also costs local councils, us and ultimately you a lot of money, which is why we’re cracking down on it!
When we’re told that someone may be illegally subletting their home, we investigate the claim. If we find out that person is committing housing fraud, they could lose their tenancy. This will free up a home for a family in need.
There are a number of ways to spot if someone in your community is a housing cheat. Look out for:
- different tenants moving in and out of a property on a regular basis
- neighbours who suddenly forget what their rubbish collection date is
- someone collecting rent from your neighbours.
Report illegal subletting
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 0800 432 0077
- Print and complete our reporting form, then send to A2Dominion Group, 113 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London, W5 5TL.
You can also report housing fraud using our form.