Our HomeSwapper service allows a customer to exchange their homes with any of the following:
- Another customer who lives in one of our properties
- A customer of another housing association
- A customer who lives in a local authority property
- How do I exchange my home?
HomeSwapper will then search their databases for any suitable swaps. When they find a home, they will contact you and you can decide if you want to arrange a visit.
Once you have found someone you want to swap with, contact us for an application form. Complete the form, giving us the name and address of the person you want to swap with, as well as the details of their landlord. We will then check your rent is up-to-date and carry out other checks to make sure you qualify.
- Is there any reason I may not be able to exchange?
You may not be eligible to exchange if:
- either side owes rent
- the new property is too large or too small for your needs
- the new property is provided for a particular purpose, for example, a sheltered home or adapted home for a disabled person
- proceedings have begun to repossess your home
- you have a starter tenancy
In these circumstances, permission to exchange may be conditional. If we refuse to grant permission, we will give you our reasons in writing.
- Where does HomeSwapper have homes?
HomeSwapper has homes all over the UK.
- How much does it cost?
It is free of charge. As your landlord we pay a membership on behalf of our tenants.
- Do I need permission?
Yes. If you would like to be considered for an exchange you will need our permission. Please contact us before registering with HomeSwapper.
- Is HomeSwapper the only national exchange service I can use?
No, you may also be able to use Locata, another national exchange service. Please ask if Locata is available where you live.
For more information, please contact us.