Care & Support service
Our Care & Support service provides high-quality housing and support services for our residents, helping them to live as independently as possible.
Our support includes:
- personal care, including washing and dressing, help with toileting, pressure care, catheter and colostomy care
- help with medication in line with agreed policy and procedure
- preparation of meals
- general cleaning and laundry and domestic services
- shopping, collection of pension and assisting with finances as appropriate.
The kind of support we provide will be subject to a care and financial assessment, carried out by our support staff (or the social services care manager) in accordance with the relevant local authority criteria.
If you do not qualify for care services funded by the local authority you can enter into a private arrangement with us. Your Scheme Support Officer will be able to advise you about this as required.
In addition to the personal care needs, a support plan is used to identify other needs you may have to enhance your quality of life and make sure your needs are met.
The support plan will cover some of the following areas:
- rent and finances
- accessing professional agencies
- health and safety issues
- social needs.
The support plan will be explained and discussed with you at the sign up stage.