Spelthorne Home Improvement Agency
Spelthorne Home Improvement Agency is a small, not-for-profit home improvement agency (HIA) funded and supported by local and central government.
It offers advice, support and help to people aged over 60, people with disabilities and those on low income who are homeowners and tenants of private landlords within the Borough of Spelthorne. It also provides an adaptations service to older or disabled housing association tenants.
The service is intended for people who want to adapt, improve or repair their homes so they can continue to live safely and independently.
Typical jobs include:
- installing level-access showers
- installing stairlifts
- installing ramps
- installing downstairs toilets
- undertaking basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry work
- work to doors and windows
- work to roofing and gutters
- fitting loft insulation
- fitting draft-proof windows.
Spelthorne Home Improvement Agency guides you through the process of making decisions and organising finance, as well as arranging and overseeing the building work and other technical matters.
Advice is free and you are under no obligation to go ahead with any work. Often the costs of any work can be paid for by a grant from the council. The agency will also make you aware of any financial help you are entitled to.
Once the costs have been confirmed and you have decided to go ahead:
- Spelthorne Home Improvement Agency can help you choose reputable builders who will give you estimates for the cost of the work.
- If you want the agency to organise and supervise the job from start to finish, it will cost a fee.
- If you are getting a grant this will cover the fee.
To get in touch with the Spelthorne Home Improvement Agency, you can complete an online contact form, call 0208 825 1759 or email email@example.com. Opening hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
If you don’t live in Spelthorne, you can find your local Home Improvement Agency by visiting the Foundations website.