Helping you get online
Digital DIY is a new scheme which has been created to help you get started with using a computer and getting online.
As more and more services like banking, shopping and paying bills are being made available online, we want to make sure you don't miss out. It's never too late to learn and we are here to help you get started.
What can the internet do for you?
Going online will give you access to the internet. This can help you:
- connect with family and friends
- save money by comparing prices of products and services
- order your shopping, like clothes, food and holidays
- get live information about the things that matter to you, like sport, fashion or news.
How we can help you
We know that getting online or using a computer for the first time can raise concerns about safety and privacy, or how easy it is to use. This is why we're running a free and easy course, to help you get started.
When you take this course, our Digital Champions will teach you:
- how to use a computer and get the most out of it
- how to get onto the internet and use search engines
- how to set up and use an email account to stay in touch with family or friends
- how to pay bills online or manage your bank account
- how to access our online services, including My Account, which lets you check your statement, request and track repairs, pay bills online and more.
Our course is free to anyone living in one of our homes.
If you are interested in finding out more about getting online, or know someone who may benefit from this scheme, please call to register your interest on 0800 432 0077 quoting 'Digital Deal'.